All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn April 2008, the world watched in horror as the news of Josef Fritzl made worldwide headlines. But for one British woman the story was t the stuff of unimaginable nightmares. Alice Lawrence knew all too well the torture suffered at the hands of a father whose depravity knew bounds. She too was kept prisoner and repeatedly made pregnant - and it was only after the death of one of her babies that she finally found the courage to escape. Born in 1970, Alice grew up in the impoverished backstreets of an industrial Northern town with her parents and seven brothers and sisters. She was first raped by her father when she was 11. From the age of 15, she was made pregnant six times by him in an effort to secure additional state benefits. All bar one of her pregnancies failed, but her daughter never made it through her first year. The death of her baby was the spur to Alice bringing her father and abuser to justice. Finally, Alice can tell her deeply moving story of recovery from abuse.
- Author BiographyFormerly a news reporter at The Daily Mirror, Megan Lloyd Davies is now a contributing editor on Grazia magazine, as well as a best-selling ghost writer whose books have been translated into ten languages. For Simon & Schuster UK she has written Sunday Times bestseller Daddy's Prisoner with Alice Lawrence.
- Author(s)Alice Lawrence,Megan Lloyd-Davies
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPocket Books
- Weight200 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.