All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLouie what? John's dad, Pete, was already diagsed with Parkinson's disease when he began to have some very strange experiences, t least of which was the little red-haired girl who followed him around the house. Eventually diagsed with Lewy Body Dementia (LBD), his hallucinations and other symptoms became more frequent and intense, and Pete moved into a care home. Based on his family's experience of his father's LBD, Alex Demetris' comic explores with tenderness and humour one of the most common yet often unheard of types of dementia; what it is, its symptoms, living in a care home and the impact on people living with the condition and their families.
- Author BiographyAlex Demetris is an illustrator, cartoonist and maker of comics. He completed an MA in Illustration at Camberwell College of the Arts in 2012, which resulted in a comic based on his family's experience of coping with his father's dementia. Alex co-authored Grandma's Box of Memories: Helping Grandma to Remember (ISBN 9781849055178), also published by JKP. He lives in London, UK.
- Author(s)Alex Demetris
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/12/2015
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrated throughout
- Weight91 g
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.