All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the Sunday Times Top Ten Bestseller. Chris Tarrant and his father Basil were very close, they played sport together, watched sport together and shared the same sense of humour. Chris loved and admired his father but it was only after his death he realised that he hardly knew him at all...Basil Avery Tarrant grew up in 1920s. Reading, where the smell of beer and biscuits from the local factories filled the air. He worked as an administrator in a local factory and spent his Saturday nights down at the music halls. But what happened to Basil during the war, and how he came to be awarded the Military Cross, remained a mystery to Chris and his family for nearly sixty years. In this emotional journey, Chris discovers that Basil was involved in some of WWII's most significant campaigns, including the Dunkirk evacuation and the D-Day landings, and also took part in some of the most brutal, close-range fighting in Cleve. Dad's War is a profoundly moving and heartfelt tribute to a much-loved father, but it's also a sincere and humble commemoration of the bravery and sacrifice of the soldiers of WWII.
- Author BiographyChristopher Tarrant OBE is an English radio broadcaster and television presenter, best known for hosting the ITV quiz show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
- Author(s)Chris Tarrant
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Weight241 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.