All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis modern textbook provides an extensive depiction of more than 75 dagger fencing techniques according to 15th-century dagger Master Hans Talhoffer's manuscripts, among other fencing luminaries, from past and present. In the Middle Ages, dagger fighting was part of every fencers standard repertoirejust as combat training was for swordsmen. The authors have spent years thoroughly researching the techniques and studying and interpreting the old manuscripts in order to subsequently test them in practice. Based on these historical representationscomplete with striking medieval drawingseach technique is explained and illustrated in a series of action photographs. The fencing student is thus able to follow the sequence of movements that make up each technique. Valuable tips on equipment and training, plus a glossary of important terms round out this new standard work.
- Author BiographyClemens Nimscholz and Ralf Schoetzau have spent years thoroughly researching the techniques and studying and interpreting the old manuscripts in order to subsequently test them in practice.
- Author(s)Clemens Nimscholz,Ralf Schoetzau
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication12/01/2016
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight934 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.