All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOpen up Daily Wisdom and find page after page of illuminating words. You'll encounter ancient Buddhist sages and contemporary meditation masters offering encouragment and quiet counsel - some in spacious poetry others in lucid prose- on love and living wisely, on meditation and mindfulness, on the pitfalls of anger and the necessity of compassion. Whether you're seeking morning inspiration or a few uplifting words to help keep a difficult day in perspective, Daily Wisdom is a valuable companion.
- Author BiographyJosh Bartok has served as in-house staff editor at Wisdom for almost 13 years and has worked on almost 200 books in all traditions of Buddhism. He is the co-author, with Ezra Bayda, of Saying Yes To Life (Even the Hard Parts), and the authoring editor of Daily Doses of Wisdom, Daily Wisdom, More Daily Wisdom, Lama Zopa Rinpoche's How to Be Happy, and Lama Yeshe's When the Chocolate Runs Out. He is also head teacher and spiritual director at the Greater Boston Zen Center, and one of the guiding teachers of Boundless Way Zen. He is a full member of the Soto Zen Buddhist Association and the American Zen Teachers Association, and is a friend of the Lay Zen Teachers Association. Josh has served on the Board of Directors for the Barre Center for Buddhist Studies, and on the planning committee of the first-ever Next-Generation Dharma Teachers event, part of the Mahasangha Gathering that took place at Garrison Institute in July of 2011. Josh graduated from Vassar College in 1993 with a degree in cognitive science. Recreationally, Josh is an amateur photographer who shows locally and regionally. His work is influenced by John Daido Loori, Kaz Tanahashi, as well as sumi-e and abstract expressionist painters. His photos can be seen online at shobophoto.com.
- PublisherWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/08/2005
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationSomerville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Weight358 g
- Width140 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byJosh Bartok
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.