Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionBetween 1949 and 1957, ten coups shook Syria. Each attempt to overthrow the government was led by powers sympathetic to either the Soviet Union or the United States. Damascus Between Democracy and Dictatorship details the oscillations that rocked the Arab region during this transitional period, ultimately destroying Syria's chances for a stable democracy. Different levels of struggle are analyzed within the context of global Cold War politics, and the roles of specific leaders are critiqued.
- Author BiographySami M. Moubayed is a Political Analyst at the Arab Political Document Center at the American University of Beirut.
- Author(s)Sami M. Moubayed
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/10/2000
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight440 g
- Width154 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.