Save on Travel Guides
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $35.57
- AU $34.00Trending at AU $42.57
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $24.93
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.24
- AU $31.80Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $30.49
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is it really like to be an American living in England? In his collection of witty observations about the differences between England and America and their inhabitants, an American professor exiled to the mysterious North of England reveals the quirky characteristics and wonderful customs that define the English and their beloved country. Robert Slavin goes below the polite Victorian facade as he explores the seamy underside of English culture that includes dancing sheep, pantos, road systems built by hard-drinking Vikings, and the power of ancient, foolish traditions. Slavin centers most of his observations in York-shire as he explores the very best things about England, questions why there are t many English children, and contemplates the positives of dreary weather, the Sunday carvery at local pubs, and why it is okay for a milkman to be knighted by the queen. Damp Yankees shares an informative and provocative insider's glimpse into the heart of England, allowing for a fresh perspective for Americans who want a better understanding of the lovely island of Britain and its people, exotic customs, and ancient traditions.
- Author(s)Dr Robert E Slavin
- Date of Publication06/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.