All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionDams and Appurtenant Hydraulic Structures, w in its second edition, provides a comprehensive and complete overview of all kinds of dams and appurtenant hydraulic structures throughout the world. The reader is guided through different aspects of dams and appurtenant hydraulic structures in 35 chapters, which are subdivided in five themes: I. Dams and appurtenant hydraulic structures - General; II. Embankment dams; III. Concrete dams; IV. Hydromechanical equipment and appurtenant hydraulic structures; V. Hydraulic schemes. Subjects treated are general questions, design, construction, surveillance, maintenance and reconstruction of various embankment and concrete dams, hydromechanical equipment, spillway structures, bottom outlets, special hydraulic structures, composition of structures in river hydraulic schemes, reservoirs, environmental effects of river hydraulic schemes and reservoirs and environmental protection. Special attention is paid to advanced methods of static and dynamic analysis of embankment dams. The wealth of experience gained by the author over the course of 35 years of research and practice is incorporated in this richly-illustrated, fully revised, updated and expanded edition. For the original Macedonian edition of Dams and Appurtenant Hydraulic Structures, Ljubomir Tanchev was awarded the Goce Delchev Prize, the highest state prize for achievements in science in the Republic of Macedonia. This work is intended for senior students, researchers and professionals in civil, hydraulic and environmental engineering and dam construction and exploitation.
- Author BiographyLjubomir Tanchev was born in 1945 in Prilep (Republic of Macedonia). He moved to Skopje in 1950 where he finished the primary and secondary school and graduated in Civil Engineering from the Sts Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje. He obtained his M.Sc. in 1980 and was awarded his Ph.D. on the subject of Numerical analysis of embankment dams from the same university in 1987. In 1978/79 he completed a post-graduate study at IHE in Delft, The Netherlands. He began his career working in the laboratory for testing of materials of the CC Mavrovo (Skopje) as a research engineer between 1972 and 1977. Then he joined the Sts Cyril and Methodius University, Faculty of Civil Engineering, as assistant. In 1988 he was appointed Assistant Professor, in 1992 Associate Professor and in 1996 Professor, covering the topics of Dams and Hydraulic Structures. He has been Head of the Department of Hydraulic Structures, vice-Dean and from October 1999 till October 2003 Dean of the Faculty of Civil Engineering, Sts Cyril and Methodius University. He retired in October 2010, but is still active in various projects. He was president of the Macedonian Committee on Large Dams (a member of ICOLD) from May 2004 till June 2013. Over his 40 years of practice, Professor Tanchev has been involved in many hydraulic engineering projects as a designer, consultant, and supervisor. He has published more than 50 scientific works and he is the author of three books published in Macedonian: Static analysis of embankment dams (1989), Hydraulic structures (1992) and Dams and appurtenant hydraulic structures (1999). For the latter book, Prof. Tanchev was awarded the Goce Delchev Prize, the highest state prize for achievement in the sciences. The first English edition of Dams and Appurtenant Hydraulic Structures was published in 2005 by CRC Press / Balkema.
- Author(s)Ljubomir Tanchev
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2014
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Weight1859 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine64 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.