Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDan Shanahan is a legend in modern hurling, a three-time All Star and winner of 'Player of the Year' in 2007. His time as an inter-county senior hurler coincided with the remarkable revival in Waterford's fortunes, which saw them win the Munster Final four times in the last decade. In this candid and revealing autobiography, Dan speaks about his love of the game, which grew out of an idyllic childhood in Lismore and his apprenticeship with the Lismore club. He first made his mark as a senior player with Waterford in 1998, under the management of Gerald McCarthy. But it was when Justin McCarthy took over as manager in 2002 that the Waterford team really began to shine, Dan sharing the glory with such outstanding players as Tony Browne, Eoin Kelly, John Mullane and Ken McGrath. Yet tensions between the players and manager built up in 2007/2008, culminating in a frustrated Dan famously refusing to shake Justin's hand in public. McCarthy resigned and was replaced by Davy Fitzgerald, who led Waterford to the 2008 All-Ireland Final. Dan's charisma and extraordinary goal-scoring ability earned him a place in Waterford hearts. His goal in extra time in the 2010 Munster Final against Cork proved what a vital player he remained, and was a fitting climax to a great career. He retired from inter-county hurling shortly after. A tattoo on Dan's arm reads: If you don't kw me, don't judge me. It's a testament to Dan's determination to succeed in the face of adversity.
- Author BiographyWaterford hurler Dan Shanahan is recognised as one of the greatest modern players. He has won four Munster Final medals, three All Star awards and was the Vodafone, Texaco and Gaelic Players' Association Hurler of the Year in 2007. Dan announced his retirement from inter-county hurling in August 2010 following Waterford's defeat to Tipperary in the All Ireland SHC semi-final.
- Author(s)Dan Shanahan
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintTransworld Ireland
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.