All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionWith concise information about health, injury prevention, and treatment of common dance-related problems, thishandbook on medical issues and rehabilitation will quickly become indispensible to dancers and dance instructors. Literally designed as a tour of the body from head to toe, this encyclopedic manual includes advice on issues specific to dancers well-being, such as body awareness and self-image, eating disorders, spotting and whiplash, overhead lifts, stress fractures, turut, potential harm from pointe shoes, and damaged feet and toes. Profusely illustrated with radiographic images from Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia, the book s visual appeal is enhanced by stunning performance photographs of members of the Pennsylvania Ballet.
- Author BiographyJudith R. Peterson, MD, is in private practice and serves on the clinical medical faculty of the University of South Dakota. She is certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation by the American Board of Medical Specialties, is a member of the International Association of Dance Medicine and Science, and was the attending physician to the Pennsylvania Ballet for 10 years. She lives in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- Author(s)Judith R Peterson
- PublisherPrinceton Book Company
- Date of Publication24/06/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Book Company
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight431 g
- Width161 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kathleen Rowland
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.