Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $105.38Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $77.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume aims to equip teachers with clear plans and instructions for introducing dance to school pupils of all ages. Each lesson plan includes explanations as to what skills the pupils will be learning, methods for teaching these skills and ways in which the teachers can customize the plans.
- Author Biography<b>Gayle Kassing</b> and <b>Danielle M. Jay</b> have taught dance technique and pedagogy, dance methods, and curriculum design in dance teacher education preparation programs in both physical education and fine arts departments for more than 25 years. Many of their former students are now professionals in K-12 dance education programs. </p>Drs. Kassing and Jay have helped write state curriculum guidelines and dance teacher certification tests and have presented nationally on teaching methodologies. The two have coauthored one previous book, Teaching Beginning Ballet Technique. Dr. Kassing--a former publications director for the National Dance Association (NDA)--is the media author of Interactive Beginning Ballet Technique, an interactive multimedia CD-ROM for students. Both have received Outstanding Young Women of America awards from the Outstanding Young Women of America Program. Both authors hold PhDs in dance and related arts and belong to the NDA and National Dance Education Organization. Dr. Jay has served on the committee that selects the NDA Dance Educator of the Year award.</p>Dr. Kassing lives in Champaign, Illinois, where she is an acquisitions editor in Human Kinetics' division of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. As a professional dancer, she performed ballet, modern dance, and musical theatre. Dr. Kassing has taught dance in university physical education and fine arts departments and elementary public magnet schools. She administered university dance and fine arts programs and was a Florida Artist in Residence for two terms. She has conducted dance workshops in public schools for state departments of education, in graduate programs, and for professional organizations. In her free time, Kassing enjoys spending time with her family and close friends, walking, reading, and traveling. </p>Dr. Jay is a professor of dance education at Northern Illinois University. A student of ballet since the age of three, she has studied with Margaret Craske and Celene Keller at Jacob's Pillow; with David McLain, David Blackburn, and Oleg Sabline at the University of Cincinnati; and with Grace Thomas, a soloist with the Radio City Ballet. Dr. Jay lives in Sycamore, Illinois; her favorite leisure-time activities include spending time with her relatives and close friends, reading, and choreographing. </p>
- Author(s)Gayle Kassing
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2003
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1406 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.