All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dancing Mindfulness Facilitator Training Manual is the current weekend training manual used by Dancing Mindfulness creator Dr. Jamie Marich during weekend facilitator trainings. Although reading this manual does t make one eligible for certification without taking the live training, it can be helpful to those interested in the Dancing Mindfulness practice. The video version of the practice, available for the holiday season 2013, used together with this manual, can help interested parties facilitate a practice in their own community (formal facilitation training t required, only suggested).
- Author BiographyJamie Marich's friends and colleagues describe her as a renaissance woman. A dancer, musician, performer, writer, and clinical counselor, Marich unites these elements of her experience to achieve an ultimate mission: bringing the art and joy of healing to others. Marich's career as a clinical counselor and a doctoral level instructor has taken root and expanded. In her professional life, Marich maintains a private practice in Warre, OH and travels the country for several professional continuing education providers offering instruction on a variety of clinical topics. Marich's first book EMDR Made Simple was published in 2011 and Trauma and the Twelve Steps released in the Summer of 2012. Jamie was interviewed as a master clinician in the DVD, Trauma Treatment: Psychotherapy for the 21st Century alongside icons like Dr. Bessel van der Kolk, Dr. Peter Levine, Dr. Robert Scaer, and Belleruth Naparstek. Jamie had the privilege of offering trauma recovery retreats at the Kripalu School for Yoga & Health in the Fall of 2012, and at the Esalen Institute in the Spring of 2013. Jamie has strived to incorporate music and other forms of creative expression into her practice. As her career developed, Marich's love for experience-oriented methods of healing and trauma resolution intensified, prompting her to explore the conscious dance scene and various ways of applying these wonderful, come as you are practices into the healing process. Having completed several trainings and experiencing other conscious dance practices at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Massachusetts, Marich was encouraged and inspired to develop her own, unique practice, which now exists in the form of Dancing Mindfulness. In her local area (Youngstown-Warren, OH), Marich works closely with Maureen Lauer-Gatta of The Yoga Room to bring classes to her community. Marich has taught conscious dance seminars at various conferences to date nationally and internationally, and will continue to bring such workshops to her colleagues at professional events in the coming year.
- Author(s)Dr Jamie Marich
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.