Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a rich and lively account of the women of ancient Egypt from goddesses to dancing girls, queens to housewives. The fragmentary evidence allows us only tantalising glimpses of the sophisticated and complex society of the ancient Egyptians. Carolyn Graves-Brown draws on funerary remains, tomb paintings, architecture and textual evidence to explore all aspects of women in Egypt from goddesses and queens to women as the 'vessels of creation'. This is a wide ranging and revealing account told with authority and verve.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Graves-Brown is curator at the Egypt Centre, University of Wales Swansea. She also teaches for the Department of Classics and Ancient History at Swansea.
- Author(s)Carolyn Graves-Brown
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/05/2010
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHambledon Continuum
- Content Note12 bw illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.