All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionLiving abroad is an opportunity to reinvent yourself that rarely exists outside the witness protection program. You get to hit the reset button on your life. Karen McCann's tale of moving from Cleveland, Ohio, to Seville, Spain, is a delightfully well-written true-life adventure story . . . McCann's writing is inviting, immediately charming, and constantly entertaining, says Chris Brady, NY Times bestselling author of A Month of Italy. I loved this book, wrote Lonely Planet. I must have laughed out loud at least once in every chapter... The advice in the book is terrific. Dancing in the Fountain takes its title from one blazing hot night when the author and her husband found themselves sitting on the edge of a big stone fountain. Dabbling their feet in the cool water, pretty soon they were wading, then waltzing in the fountain. An old man passing by growled, Hey you two, is that any way to behave? You wouldn't do that back where you come from. And that's the whole point. Living overseas, you get to try things you'd never do back home. Rita Golden Gelman, author of Tales of a Female Nomad, says, What fun. . . McCann's wacky sense of humor will have you smiling on every page. Just reading this will give you the confidence of an experienced traveler. Creating a new life in an old European city has never been so delightful, heartwarming and laugh-out-loud funny, says Victoria Twead, NY Times bestselling author of Two Old Fools on a Camel.
- Author BiographyAn award-winning journalist, author and travel blogger, Karen McCann has been living in Seville, Spain, since 2004. Wanderlust has taken her to more than thirty countries, including many developing or post-war nations where she and her husband volunteer as consultants to struggling microenterprises. A fourth-generation Californian, she lived in Cleveland, Ohio, with her husband for two decades before the couple moved to Seville for a year and decided to make it their home. She makes frequent visits to California because she feels America is something you have to stay in practice for, and she doesn't want to lose her touch.
- Author(s)Karen McCann
- PublisherCafe Society Press
- Date of Publication18/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCafe Society Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.