All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionSara, the cautious, quietly observant twin, narrates this reminiscence of sisters whose dreams were intermittently encouraged or dashed by their ambitious, stout-hearted Norwegian-American mother and their alternatively abusive and loving Danish-American father, who felt enslaved by his land and cattle. The twins' emotionally fragile older sister, mischevious younger brother, and sturdy baby sister each found ways to cope. This is a personal portrayal of parents, siblings, family and neighbours who painted the rural landscape in sombre tones of duty and self-sacrifice, yet touched it with hope and grace.
- Author BiographySara De Luca
- Author(s)Sara De Luca
- PublisherMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/1996
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleMidwest Reflections
- Place of PublicationSt Paul
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight360 g
- Width205 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.