All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionA vel of ambitions and desires thwarted in a small Texas town, Dancing with Lyndon brings the early 1950s to life. Living in a small conservative and racist town, Thomas Patterson, a stiff young criminal lawyer, is running for state district judge and hoping for endorsements from either the goverr or young Lyndon Johnson, who's running for the senate. Thomas's stay-at-home wife and their teenaged son Tommy are satellites to his grandiose political aspirations. But all hopes for a substantial political career are dashed when a black client Thomas successfully defended against a charge of the rape of a white girl kills himself, leaving a te confessing to the crime. The town turns against the Patterson family, jeering, threatening, and even vandalizing Thomas's car. The menacing atmosphere only adds to the tensions escalating within the family. Mary Lee, Thomas's dreamy, restless wife, can't quite grasp why she is so unhappy but kws it has something to do with Thomas's reliance on logic and reason to the exclusion of all emotion. Impulsively, she seeks the advice of a gypsy woman who foretells temptation, change, and someone to show her the way. Fourteen-year-old Tommy is caug
- Author BiographyDonley Watt has lived in Texas most of his life. He has owned a contemporary art gallery, been the dean of a community college, and taught fiction writing at several universities. He is the author of the short story collection, Can You Get There from Here?, which won the Steven F. Turner Award from the Texas Institute of Letters for the best first work of fiction in 1994. He also wrote the novels The Journey of Hector Rabinal and Reynolds (TCU Press) and two novellas titled Haley, Texas, 1959. He and his wife, Lynn, an artist, live in San Antonio.
- Author(s)Donley Watt
- PublisherTexas Christian University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/05/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationFort Worth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Christian University Press,U.S.
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.