All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe stories in this work are an assortment of bildungsroman, most of them recalling childhood experiences in Nigeria. They have been written bearing in mind the generation of young Africans born to Africans in the United States. Most of these individuals have spent little or time on the continent, and are therefore unaware of the experiences and backgrounds from which their parents come. This collection regales the reader with tales of intrigue, fun and good humor as some of their parents knew them, at the same time providing them with ather source of cultural entertainment. The stories narrated by the women reveal many cultural dilemmas encountered by some African women in America, who find themselves crushed by the cumbersome burden of their gender in a country that has use for their complicated lifestyle. Although African Studies is far entrenched in the curricular of many universities, very few books are available to cover all the cultural aspects of such a large study area. Hopefully, this collection would serve as ather perspective for enhancing multicultural understanding.
- Author BiographyOlabisi Titilope Gwamna holds a master's degree in English from the University of Ibadan, and a Ph.D. in English from Ohio University. She is an Associate Professor of English at Iowa Wesleyan College, where she teaches courses in English Composition and Third World Literature. Prior to her appointment to the English faculty at Iowa Wesleyan College, she taught English Composition and Literature at Wilberforce and Wright State Universities both in the state of Ohio. She was also a broadcast journalist at Radio Nigeria Kaduna and an English teacher at Zamani Tutorial College. She is married with four children.
- Author(s)Olabisi Gwamna
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/11/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight149 g
- Width157 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.