All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $69.86
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Mannering (aka 'The Baron') is secretly called to the house of William Blane by his young secretary Judy Darrow. He doesn't really kw what to expect, only that a frightened girl had urgently summoned him in a midnight telephone call. Upon arrival, Blane is found to be dead and the girl is very nearly so. That, however, is t the beginning of an investigation, as 'The Baron' is w himself in danger. There is also betrayal and an angry and suspicious detective to deal with.
- Author BiographyMaster crime fiction writer John Creasey's near 600 titles have sold more than 80 million copies in over 25 languages under both his own name and ten other pseudonyms. His style varied with each identity and led to him being regarded as a literary phenomena. Amongst the many series written were 'Gideon of Scotland Yard', 'The Toff', 'The Baron', 'Dr. Palfrey' and 'Inspector West', as JJ Marric, Michael Halliday, Patrick Dawlish and others. During his lifetime Creasey enjoyed an ever increasing reputation both in the UK and overseas, especially the USA. This was further enhanced by constant revision of his works in order to assure the best possible be presented to his readers and also by many awards, not least of which was being honoured twice by the Mystery Writers of America, latterly as Grand Master. He also found time to found the Crime Writers Association and become heavily involved in British politics - standing for Parliament and founding a movement based on finding the best professionals in each sphere to run things. 'He leads a field in which Agatha Christie is also a runner.' - Sunday Times.
- Author(s)John Creasey
- PublisherHouse of Stratus
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThe Baron
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Place of PublicationKelly Bray
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1953
- ImprintHouse of Stratus
- Weight235 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.