Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionFamed for his extension of painting beyond the canvas, via the use of stripes of color that frequently extend into the spaces in which the work is exhibited, Daniel Buren (born 1938) is one of France's most internationally esteemed artists. As a guest artist in Paris' art festival Monumenta, 2012, Buren has executed a vibrant and eccentric installation in the nave of the Grand Palais. Visitors are confronted by circular planes of colored glass that section off the space into different levels, creating an overall kaleidoscopic, mesmerizing effect. A collection of the preparatory sketches for his project, this book follows the development of Buren's imagination and process from the initial stages--abandonment, remodeling and combination--to the final choices. The compilation is t limited to drawings, but instead, examines his graphic sketches, that is, as Buren himself tes, constituted by anything that helps me clarify certain thoughts.
- PublisherDilecta Edition
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDilecta Edition
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width211 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.