All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDaniels' Orchestral Music is the gold standard among conductors, music programmers, orchestra librarians, and any other music professional-or student-seeking to research an orchestral program for a single concert or a full season. Compositions cover the standard international repertoire for the orchestra; this latest edition, nearly a decade since the previous one, contains over 8500 entries. Daniels' Orchestral Music organizes works alphabetically by composer and title, and contains duration and instrumentation of each entry, as well as date of composition. A series of appendices facilitate browsing for orchestral works that include chorus, solo voices, solo instruments, and works intended for youth concerts. Other appendices allow the user to find works that call for a particular size or constitution of instrumentation, or a particular duration. One may also search by year significant anniversaries of composers, or browse composer groups for thematic programming. An Orchestralogy appendix provides essential bibliography, internet sources, and institutions and organizations necessary for the orchestra professional. A title index and directory of publishers round out this monumental work.
- Author BiographyDavid Daniels is Emeritus Professor of Music at Oakland University and Conductor Emeritus of the Warren Symphony, both in Michigan. He is coauthor with John Yaffe of Arias, Ensembles & Choruses (Scarecrow Press, 2012), and editor of two series of books: Music Finders, and Dictionaries for the Modern Musician. In 2016, he received a Lifetime Achievement Award by the College Orchestra Directors' Association.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2016.
- Author(s)David Daniels
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic Finders
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight2365 g
- Width223 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine54 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.