All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionDante: Contemporary Perspectives gathers recent and newly commissioned articles on Dante Alighieri (1265-1321), whose epic the Divine Comedy, is one of the landmarks of world literature. The essays in this volume probe current critical assumptions about the celebrated Italian poet, literary theorist, moral philosopher, and political theorist. Dante's attitude towards poetic authority and language comes under scrutiny in several essays, while others examine his political thought and his views on women and gender. Several articles focus exclusively on the Divine Comedy, and, in particular, on its distinctive textual characteristics. There are new readings of two of the Divine Comedy's most important episodes - those of Paolo and Francesca, the Earthly Paradise, and Ulysses - whose significance extends far beyond their immediate contexts. These essays bring into focus Dante's bold narrative invations and reflections on literature and history.
- Author BiographyThe late Amilcare Iannucci was a professor in the Department of Italian Studies and the Centre for Comparative Literature at the University of Toronto. He was the author of a book on Dante, Forma ed evento nella Divina Commedia, and editor of Dante Today>.
- Author(s)Amilcare A. Iannucci
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication05/04/1997
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleToronto Italian Studies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.