All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionTaking as its subject the rumors, misunderstandings, and half-truths that often comprise our kwledge of others, this latest collection of poems from Richard Greene captures the various states of feeling that come with a flawed life. Moving from his mother's oil paintings and the harrowing conditions at a corrections facility to recollections of a much-loved mentor, this collection of verse is capped off by the lyrical and moving title poem. Written in fluent, colloquial terza rima and set in sun-drenched Siena during the frenzied pageantry of the Italian city's biannual horse race, it is a brilliant, beautifully realized achievement that consolidates Greene's reputation as a master of narrative verse.
- Author BiographyRichard Greene is a professor of creative writing and British literature at the University of Toronto. He is the author of the biography Edith Sitwell: Avant Garde Poet, English Genius and three collections of poetry, including Boxing the Compass, which won the Governor General's Award for poetry. He lives in Cobourg, Ontario.
- Author(s)Richard Greene
- PublisherVehicule Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMontreal, QC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintVehicule Press
- Weight110 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.