Dare to Prepare: How to Win Before You Begin by Ronald M Shapiro, Gregory Jordan (Paperback / softback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.38+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionOver the course of a forty-year career in the worlds of law, sports, business, and politics, Ron Shapiro has worked with and advised an incredible variety of people. What he's found is that the secret ingredient for getting into the winner's circle is simply the discipline of methodical preparation: that old-school, step-by-step way of having all your ducks in a row, whether you are an executive getting ready to do a deal or make a speech; a pitcher studying the traits of opposing hitters and keeping a meticulous tebook of their strengths and weaknesses; an international trade negotiator who kws all about the issues and the people on the other side before sitting down at the table; or a surgeon who rehearses like a classical musician. Deep down, you kw you should do it. But how often do you wing it and fly by the seat of your pants because -Gosh, I don't have time . . . I've done this before . . . I kw what I'm doing-? It is obvious that you have to get ready for whatever game you're playing, but all too frequently methodical preparation is the missing ingredient in today's world of instant analysis, easy access to information, and glibness that sounds good at first but is unconnected with the reality at hand. In Dare to Prepare, successful people such as wine guru Robert Parker, investment legend Bill Miller, pianist Leon Fleisher, Goldman Sachs partner Lisa Fontenelli, broadcaster Bob Costas, firefighter Ann Marie Tierney, New York Mets manager Willie Randolph, and many others share the way they apply discipline in preparing for career-changing games, deals, meetings, and interviews. Cal Ripken Jr. played thousands of games in the major leagues but prepared for each like it was his first. NPR host Liane Hansen has interviewed countless people but approaches each interview with the same meticulous research time and time again. Make sure there are slips -twixt cup and lip- as you get ready for your next personal or professional challenge by daring to prepare. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyRONALD M. SHAPIRO, cofounder of the Shapiro Negotiations Institute, was called -one of baseball's most respected agent attorneys by USA Today and has represented a record five Major League Baseball Hall of Famers. He has been recognized by Smart CEO as one of its -Twenty Most Admired Leaders, - and The Sporting News also named him one of the -100 most powerful people in sports.- Ron is the coauthor of The Power of Nice and Bullies, Tyrants, and Impossible People. GREGORY JORDAN is a writer from Baltimore. His articles have appeared in the New York Times, The Hill, and Crisis magazine. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Gregory Jordan,Ronald M Shapiro
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight249 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.