All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionIf you have obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), you may suffer from obsessive thoughts, fears, and anxiety. You kw, more than anyone, how debilitating this condition can be. But you may also be reluctant to start treatment due to fear, stigma, and misconceptions regarding therap -particularly exposure and response prevention (ERP) therapy. You may think of a number of reasons t to go, or to drop out, but if you are committed to getting better, you need to take that important step toward healing. ERP is a proven-effective treatment that can help people with OCD break free from the constraints of their disorder; however, many people have misconceptions about what this treatment entails. In Daring to Challenge OCD, anxiety specialist Joan Davidson, PhD, gives a thorough overview of ERP, what to expect during treatment, and offers gentle guidance to help you finally overcome the common fears and anxiety that can stand in the way of getting the help you need. If you are considering treatment, you may ask yourself, What will my therapist expect me to do? Will treatment be too difficult for me to handle? Will I be asked to do things that put me at risk? This book will demystify treatment for OCD so that you can stop being afraid, and start changing your life. And if you are a therapist dealing with treatment resistance in your clients, this book makes for wonderful suggested reading to help get them back into therapy.
- Author BiographyJoan Davidson, PhD, is a licensed psychologist, founding partner of the San Francisco Bay Area Center for Cognitive Therapy, assistant professor in the psychology department at the University of California at Berkeley, and a founding fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. Davidson specializes in empirically supported treatments for adults with mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and body-focused repetitive behaviors. She supervises clinical psychology graduate students and provides consultation for licensed practitioners. She presents and writes on topics related to the fundamental components of cognitive-behavior therapy (CBT) and the treatment of anxiety and mood disorders. She has coauthored book chapters on case formulation in CBT and a book and a video series titled, The Essential Components of Cognitive-Behavior Therapy for Depression (American Psychological Association, 2001). She resides and practices in Oakland, CA.
- Author(s)Joan Davidson
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight288 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.