All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this riveting medical detective story, Trent Stephens and Rock Brynner recount the history of thalidomide, from the epidemic of birth defects in the 1960's to the present day, as scientists work to create and test an alternative drug that captures thalidomide's curative properties without its cruel side effects. A parable about compassion-and the absence of it-Dark Remedy is a gripping account of thalidomide's extraordinary impact on the lives of individuals and nations over half a century.
- Author BiographyRock Brynner, historian and novelist, earned his M.A. in Philosophy from Trinity College, Dublin, and his Ph.D. in History from Columbia University. This is his fifth book.Trent Stephens, Professor of Anatomy and Embryology at Idaho State University, is the author of numerous books. He has been researching thalidomide for almost twenty-five years.
- Author(s)Rock Brynner,Trent D. Stephens
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication06/12/2001
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationReading, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerseus Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight212 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.