All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDark Tourism, including visitation to places such as murder sites, battlefields and cemeteries is a growing phemen, as well as an emergent area of scholarly interest. Despite this interest, the intersecting domains of dark tourism and place identity have been largely overlooked in the academic literature and this book aims to fill this void. The three main themes of Visitor Motivation, Destination Management and Place Interpretation are addressed in this book from both a demand and supply perspective by examining a variety of case studies from around the world. This edited volume takes the dark tourism discussion to ather level by reinforcing the critical intersecting domains of dark tourism and place identity and, in particular, highlighting the importance of understanding this connection for visitors and destination managers. Written by leading academics in the area, this stimulating volume of 19 chapters will be valuable reading for postgraduate and advanced undergraduate students in a range of discipline areas; researchers and academics interested in dark tourism; and, other interested stakeholders including those in the tourism industry, government bodies and community groups.
- Author BiographyLeanne White is a Senior Lecturer in Marketing in the College of Business at Victoria University in Melbourne, Australia. Elspeth Frew is an Associate Professor in Tourism Management in the Department of Marketing, Tourism and Hospitality at La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/04/2016
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleContemporary Geographies of Leisure, Tourism and Mobility
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 35 black & white halftones, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight484 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byElspeth Frew,Leanne White
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.