All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionI looked and saw water rushing in from Galveston Bay on one side and from the gulf on the other. The two seas met in the middle of Broadway, swirling over the wooden paving blocks, and I couldn't help but shudder at the sight. All of Galveston appeared to be under water. Galveston, Texas, may be the booming city of the brand-new twentieth century, but to Seth, it is the end of a dream. He longs to be a carpenter like his father, but his family has moved to Galveston so he can go to a good school. Still, the last few weeks of summer might t be so bad. Seth has a real job as a builder and the beach is within walking distance. Things seem to be looking up, until a storm warning is raised one sweltering afteron. No one could have imagined anything like this. Giant walls of water crash in from the sea. Shingles and bricks are deadly missiles flying through the air. People t hit by flying debris are swept away by rushing water. Forget the future, Seth and his family will be lucky to survive the next twenty-four hours. Dark Water Rising is a 2007 Bank Street - Best Children's Book of the Year.
- Author BiographyMarian Hale is the author of acclaimed historical novels for young adults, including The Truth About Sparrows and The Goodbye Season. She lives with her husband, daughter, and grandbabies on the Texas Coast.
- Author(s)Marian Hale
- PublisherPerfection Learning
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerfection Learning
- Weight272 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.