All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe race to save Hagwood has begun! Wicked queen Rhiann, High Lady of the Hollow Hill, is more intent than ever on finding the enchanted casket containing her heart. Made immortal through evil sorcery, she has ruled the land of Hagwood heartlessly for far too long. If someone can discover the lost casket and destroy the beating heart within, her terrible reign will end.The werlings Finnen and Gamaliel in possession of the golden key that will unlock the High Lady s casket race to find it first. Their quest leads them to the Pool of the Dead, where the hideous Peg-tooth Meg resides with her slimy snails and mutated sluglungs. Caught between the armies of Peg-tooth Meg and the High Lady, Gamaliel and his friends must make a desperate stand to save the world of Hagwood from the forces of evil.This ebook features an illustrated biography of Robin Jarvis including rare photos from the author s personal collection.
- Author BiographyRobin Jarvis (b. 1963) spent most of his school years in art rooms. After a degree course in graphic design, he worked in television, making models and puppets. One evening, while doodling, he began inventing names and stories for his drawings, and thus began his writing career. His first book, The Depford Mice (1989), established Jarvis as a bestselling children s author. Jarvis came up with the story for Thorn Ogres of Hagwood while on a forest hike, when he heard a racket up in the trees and saw two squirrels chasing each other. He suddenly thought that perhaps only one of them was a real squirrel and the other an imposter, and so the werling creatures were born. Jarvis has been shortlisted for numerous awards, and won the Lancashire Libraries Children s Book of the Year Award. One of his trilogies, Tales from the Wyrd Museum, was on a list of books recommended by then British Prime Minister Tony Blair for dads to read with their sons. He lives in Greenwich, London, and still makes model monsters, mostly on the computer.
- Author(s)Robin Jarvis
- PublisherOpen Road Media E-Riginal
- Date of Publication04/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleHagwood Trilogy
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media E-Riginal
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, maps
- Weight381 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.54
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $25.74
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.65
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $19.66Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.