Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.95+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
About this product
- DescriptionThere s shortage of psychology self-help books on depression but this collection, envisioned and edited by Sounds True founder Tami Simon, is t one of them. You won t be revisiting familiar therapies or antidepressant options. What you will find is a gathering of 16 exceptional and compassionate teachers who have faced profound depression themselves. Their purpose? To radically shift the way that we perceive the experience. To offer insights and practices that reach beyond conventional models. And to help us receive depression s uninvited yet singular gifts. The guidance presented here supports traditional psychotherapy and medication as valuable tools. But for those who ve found these approaches incomplete or seek to help others at an impasse there s much to discover within these pages, including: Thomas Moore, PhD, on Saturn s gifts; Sally Kempton on shifting from suffering and into witnessing awareness; poet Mark Nepo on embracing both emptiness and aliveness; Mary Pipher, PhD, on how despair can open us to long-hidden joy; Christina Baldwin on ineffable sorrow; Parker J. Palmer, PhD, on finding meaning and connection through the experience of depression; plus exceptional contributions by Ann Marie Chiasson, MD; James Gordon, MD; Sandra Ingerman; Karla McLaren; Robert Augustus Masters, PhD; Amy Weintraub; Jeff Foster; Elizabeth Rabia Roberts, EdD; Michael Bernard Beckwith; and Reginald A. Ray, PhD.
- Author BiographyVarious AuthorsSounds True strives to preserve the essential living wisdom of each author, artist, or spiritual teacher we publish.Tami SimonTAMI SIMON founded Sounds True in 1985 as a multimedia publishing house with a mission to disseminate spiritual wisdom. She hosts a popular weekly podcast called Insights at the Edge, where she has interviewed many of today s leading teachers. Tami lives with her partner, Julie Kramer, and their Spoodle, Raspberry, in Boulder, Colorado.
- Author(s)Various Authors
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
Most relevant reviews
- palousa_pony9308 Mar, 2016by
Written by mental health professionals who experienced depression
A friend lent me this book and at the time didn't know why! ... Very easy read - the wording therapeutic, giving me an ability to recognise the 'stuff' I had been living with for decades. I gave this book to my daughter and feel confident she will find freedom from its truths.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New