Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
About this product
- DescriptionA Sweet Double Murder Out of the blue, a retired professor commits a double murder in his apartment, killing two men. In a mologue, at the police station, he explains why he did it, reflecting on wars, holocausts, religion, power, money, lust, love, and on the intellectual limitations of the human race When Death Does Not Part After ten years at a psychiatric institute, Thomas, a fifty-year-old teacher, returns to Florence in search of the truth. Retracing the steps he took with his young lover Irena, he learns who she really was. As similarities to Verdi's opera Rigoletto haunt the pages, Thomas confesses what happened between them in a desperate attempt to purify his soul, find peace of mind, and love. Unable to accept the truth and its horrifying implications Thomas is doomed to relive his past. On My Father's Bike I wanted to become the first creator of perfect and painless love. It was my father's fault. Indirectly he forced me, because I loved him too much. Indeed, my father. Can you believe it? I wanted to optimize love by transforming into what you love. Imagine the advantages! Wouldn't it be delightful to adopt the patience of the snake, the speed of the panther, the devilish persistence of the scorpion, or the beauty of the orchid? And imagine absorbing the beauty of a lover? Nut's beauty? For he surely was beautiful. You'd reach ultimate perfection. Ultimate love! But how do you do it? How do you turn yourself into what you love? Being a scientist, and brilliant, I had hit upon a scientific method that would allow me to achieve such a transformation. Call it reverse metabolism. These are the words of Andre Junior, a professor who is certain that his mission in life is to prove that reverse metabolism is possible. So certain, in fact, he is willing to kill for it, even eat for it.
- Author(s)Hugo Van Bever
- Date of Publication16/01/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight611 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.