All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe updated edition of the Rugby League superstar's end-of-career autobiography. In 2011, NRL fans had the chance to share in a piece of rugby league history. The game's record books were re-written, some taken to heights unlikely to ever be matched. Darren Lockyer celebrated his 34th birthday in 2011. Of those 34 years, 17 have been spent putting his body through hell in perhaps the toughest football competition on the planet. Lockyer has, quite literally, spent half his lifetime in the NRL. Lockyer holds the all-time appearance record for club, state and country. It is a feat less a judge than Wayne Bennett declared would never be equalled. The remarkable longevity of Lockyer's excellence has earned him the respect of fellow athletes around the world and the adoration of fans everywhere. But while undoubtedly one of the most recognisable athletes in Australia, Lockyer has largely maintained his privacy, rarely, if ever, allowing fans a look at the man behind the man. In this book Lockyer, for the first time, opens up on the people, places, incidents and events which have shaped the life and career of an Australian sporting icon. From his days growing up and working at the family-owned truck stop on the outskirts of the tiny Queensland town of Wandoan, to his arrival at the Broncos as a teenage sensation and subsequent ascension toward rugby league immortality the book will shed new light on some of the biggest names and stories of the past two decades. Contributions from Lockyer's family and friends, as well as legendary figures like Wayne Bennett, Wendell Sailor, Andrew Johns, Mal Meninga, Johnathan Thurston, Gorden Tallis, George Gregan, Ricky Stuart and Craig Bellamy gives this book a unique edge, with each providing readers a rare insight into their view on Lockyer the player, the leader and the man.
- Author BiographyDarren Lockyer is one of Rugby League's most famous and well regarded sons. He is the consummate professional, a true gentleman of the game, captaining teams at every level to the highest tiers of success, and as such, is one of the most respected men in the game. He has won every accolade the game has to offer, including the Golden Boot for International Player of the Year - playing in two different positions. His retirement in 2011 was the end of an era.
- Author(s)Darren Lockyer
- PublisherRandom House Australia
- Date of Publication03/03/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationFerntree Gully, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2014
- ImprintEbury Australia
- Content Notephotographs
- Weight307 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statementupdated edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $33.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.