All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis brief develops a data collection plan to assess loss related to electrical surges in homes, and explores the potential impact devices that prevent these surges could have in mitigating these losses. Key topics such as surge sources, surge effects and residential surge protection are clearly defined. Recent fire safety codes proposed a requirement that every dwelling unit be fitted with a surge protection device, as every year there is property damage to electrical and electronic equipment resulting from electrical surges. These proposals have t been implemented due to a lack of reliable data, which this brief seeks to change. The authors evaluate surge phemena and their sources, surge protection methods, surge protection strategies and industry standards in order to present a data plan that can accurately assess loss related to electrical surges in homes.
- Author(s)Eddie Davis,Kylash Viswanathan,Nick Kooiman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/06/2015
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Fire
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight102 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine3 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.