All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOur world is being transformed by big data. The growth of the Internet and the rapid expansion of mobile communications and related techlogies have created a massive -- flow of data--both structured and unstructured. The availability and use of that data has ermous implications for businesses and for the wider society. Used effectively, big data can drive businesses in the direction of more accurate analyses of vital information, leading ultimately to greater operational efficiencies, cost reductions, reduced risk, speedier invations, and increased and new revenue. In this book, you'll find detailed instruction in big data strategy development and implementation, supported by numerous real-world business cases in ten distinct industries. You will learn what big data is and how to wield it--from calculating ROI and making a business case to developing overall and project-specific strategies that actually work. Each chapter answers key questions and will give you the skills you need to make your big data projects succeed. Put big data to work for you and your company today, with DATA DIVINATION: BIG DATA STRATEGIES.
- Author BiographyBob Gourley is the Editor-in-Chief of CTOvision.com and the founder and Chief Technology Officer of Crucial Point LLC, a technology research and advisory firm. Formerly, he was the first Director of Intelligence at the Department of Defense's cyber defense organization JTF-CND and served as the Chief Technology Officer of the Defense Intelligence Agency. Gourley has published more than 40 articles on a wide range of topics and is a contributor to the book Threats in the Age of Obama. His blog, CTOvision, is now ranked among the top federal technology blogs by WashingtonTech. Pam Baker is a noted business analyst, tech freelance journalist, and the editor of the online publication and e-newsletter, FierceBigData. She has written numerous books, and her journalism appears in a variety of publications, including Institutional Investor, CIO, and many more. A former analyst for VisionGain Research, headquartered in London, Baker has conducted and authored several notable market studies on technology, and she has served as a researcher, writer, and managing editor for ABI Research, headquartered in New York.
- Author(s)Bob Gourley,Pam Baker
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication12/09/2014
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight858 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.05Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.