All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.82
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together a diverse cross-section of computer and data scientists, this reference focuses on advancing the vision of data intensive science by presenting solutions, not just problems. Leaders in the field provide a focused vision on how technology can enable scientific discovery and describe a path forward for enabling data intensive science. The book presents case studies taken from current best practices, which demonstrate the impact that data intensive science can have and how technical capabilities can be leveraged to enable science.
- Author BiographyTerence Critchlow is the chief scientist of the Scientific Data Management Group in the Computational Sciences and Mathematics Division of the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), where he leads projects on data analysis, data dissemination, and workflow system. A senior member of IEEE and ACM, Dr. Critchlow earned a PhD in computer science from the University of Utah. His research focuses on large-scale data management, metadata, data analysis, online analytical processing, data integration, data dissemination, and scientific workflows. Kerstin Kleese van Dam is an associate division director and lead of the Scientific Data Management Group at PNNL. In 2006, she received the British Female Innovators and Inventors Silver Award for the effective management of scientific data. Her research focuses on data management and analysis in extreme-scale environments.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2013
- SubjectComputing: General
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Computational Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note75 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight748 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byKerstin Kleese Van Dam,Terence Critchlow
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.