All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionData mining, or kwledge discovery, has become an indispensable techlogy for businesses and researchers in many fields. Drawing on work in such areas as statistics, machine learning, pattern recognition, databases, and high performance computing, data mining extracts useful information from the large data sets w available to industry and science. This collection surveys the most recent advances in the field and charts directions for future research.The first part looks at pervasive, distributed, and stream data mining, discussing topics that include distributed data mining algorithms for new application areas, several aspects of next-generation data mining systems and applications, and detection of recurrent patterns in digital media. The second part considers data mining, counter-terrorism, and privacy concerns, examining such topics as biosurveillance, marshalling evidence through data mining, and link discovery. The third part looks at scientific data mining; topics include mining temporally-varying phemena, data sets using graphs, and spatial data mining. The last part considers web, semantics, and data mining, examining advances in text mining algorithms and software, semantic webs, and other subjects.
- Author BiographyKrishnamoorthy Sivakumar is Assistant Professor in the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Washington State University.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/2004
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleAmerican Association for Artificial Intelligence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAAAI Press
- Weight794 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byAnupama Joshi,Hillol Kargupta,Krishnamoorthy Sivakumar,Yelena Yesha
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.