All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise and approachable introduction to data mining selects a mixture of data mining techniques originating from statistics, machine learning and databases, and presents them in an algorithmic approach. Aimed primarily at undergraduate readers, it presents not only the fundamental principles and concepts of the subject in an easy-to-understand way, but also hands on, practical instruction on data mining techniques, that readers can put into practice as they go along using the freely downloadable Weka toolkit. Author Hongbo Du shares his years of commercial, as well as research-based, experience in the field through extensive examples and real-world case studies, highlighting how data mining solutions provided by software tools are used in practical problem solving. Covering not only traditional areas of data mining such as association, clustering and classification, this text also explains topics such as data warehousing, online-analytic processing, and text mining.
- Author BiographyHongbo Du is a lecturer in the Applied Computing Department, University of Buckingham, and specializes in database systems and data mining. He has been teaching data mining to undergraduate students and taught master students since 1997. He also designed and taught a similar course at City University London between 1998 and 2004, and more recently at Sarajevo School of Science and Technology. Author of a number of publications in the field, he has been involved with commercial data mining projects. He is also a visiting senior lecturer at Sarajevo School of Science and Technology.
- Author(s)Hongbo Du
- PublisherCengage Learning EMEA
- Date of Publication17/05/2010
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCengage Learning EMEA
- Weight660 g
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.