All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionData mining involves the n-trivial extraction of implicit, previously unkwn, and potentially useful information from databases. Genetic Programming (GP) and Inductive Logic Programming (ILP) are two of the approaches for data mining. This book first sets the necessary backgrounds for the reader, including an overview of data mining, evolutionary algorithms and inductive logic programming. It then describes a framework, called GGP (Generic Genetic Programming), that integrates GP and ILP based on a formalism of logic grammars. The formalism is powerful eugh to represent context- sensitive information and domain-dependent kwledge. This kwledge can be used to accelerate the learning speed and/or improve the quality of the kwledge induced. A grammar-based genetic programming system called LOGENPRO (The LOGic grammar based GENetic PROgramming system) is detailed and tested on many problems in data mining. It is found that LOGENPRO outperforms some ILP systems. We have also illustrated how to apply LOGENPRO to emulate Automatically Defined Functions (ADFs) to discover problem representation primitives automatically. By employing various kwledge about the problem being solved, LOGENPRO can find a solution much faster than ADFs and the computation required by LOGENPRO is much smaller than that of ADFs. Moreover, LOGENPRO can emulate the effects of Strongly Type Genetic Programming and ADFs simultaneously and effortlessly. Data Mining Using Grammar Based Genetic Programming and Applications is appropriate for researchers, practitioners and clinicians interested in genetic programming, data mining, and the extraction of data from databases.
- Author(s)Kwong Sak Leung,Man Leung Wong
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/03/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleGenetic Programming
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight361 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.