All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fundamental algorithms in data mining and analysis form the basis for the emerging field of data science, which includes automated methods to analyze patterns and models for all kinds of data, with applications ranging from scientific discovery to business intelligence and analytics. This textbook for senior undergraduate and graduate data mining courses provides a broad yet in-depth overview of data mining, integrating related concepts from machine learning and statistics. The main parts of the book include exploratory data analysis, pattern mining, clustering, and classification. The book lays the basic foundations of these tasks, and also covers cutting-edge topics such as kernel methods, high-dimensional data analysis, and complex graphs and networks. With its comprehensive coverage, algorithmic perspective, and wealth of examples, this book offers solid guidance in data mining for students, researchers, and practitioners alike.
- Author BiographyMohammed J. Zaki is a Professor of Computer Science at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He received his PhD in computer science from the University of Rochester in 1998. His research interests focus on developing novel data mining techniques, especially for applications in bioinformatics and social networks. He has published over 225 papers and book chapters on data mining and bioinformatics, and is the founding co-chair for the BIOKDD series of workshops. He is currently Area Editor for Statistical Analysis and Data Mining, and an Associate Editor for Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data, and Social Network Analysis and Mining. He was the program co-chair for SDM'08, SIGKDD'09, PAKDD'10, BIBM'11, CIKM'12, and ICDM'12. He is currently serving on the Board of Directors for ACM SIGKDD. He received the National Science Foundation CAREER Award in 2001 and the Department of Energy Early Career Principal Investigator Award in 2002. He received an HP Innovation Research Award in 2010, 2011, and 2012, and a Google Faculty Research Award in 2011. He is a senior member of the IEEE, and an ACM Distinguished Scientist. His research is supported in part by NSF, NIH, DOE, Google, HP, and Nvidia. Wagner Meira, Jr is a Professor of Computer Science at the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- Author(s)Mohammed J. Zaki,Wagner Meira
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/05/2014
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note186 b/w illus. 85 tables 130 exercises
- Weight1260 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.