All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe versatile capabilities and large set of add-on packages make R an excellent alternative to many existing and often expensive data mining tools. Exploring this area from the perspective of a practitioner, Data Mining with R: Learning with Case Studies uses practical examples to illustrate the power of R and data mining. Assuming prior kwledge of R or data mining/statistical techniques, the book covers a diverse set of problems that pose different challenges in terms of size, type of data, goals of analysis, and analytical tools. To present the main data mining processes and techniques, the author takes a hands-on approach that utilizes a series of detailed, real-world case studies: Predicting algae blooms Predicting stock market returns Detecting fraudulent transactions Classifying microarray samples With these case studies, the author supplies all necessary steps, code, and data. Web Resource A supporting website mirrors the do-it-yourself approach of the text. It offers a collection of freely available R source files that encompass all the code used in the case studies. The site also provides the data sets from the case studies as well as an R package of several functions.
- Author BiographyLuis Torgo is an associate professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Porto in Portugal. An active researcher in machine learning and data mining for more than 20 years, Dr. Torgo is also a researcher in the Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence and Data Analysis (LIAAD) of INESC Porto LA.
- Author(s)Luis Torgo
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note42 black & white illustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.