All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will provide the business or IT professional with a practical working kwledge of data modelling concepts and best practices, and how to apply these principles with PowerDesigner. You will build many PowerDesigner data models along the way, increasing your skills in first the fundamentals and later in the book the more advanced features of PowerDesigner. The book contains six sections: Section I introduces data modelling along with its purpose and variations. Also included is an explanation of the important role of a data modelling tool, the key features required of any data modelling tool, and an introduction to the essential features of PowerDesigner; Section II explains all of the components on a data model including entities, data elements, relationships, and keys, and describes how to create and manage these objects in PowerDesigner. Also included is a discussion of the importance of quality names and definitions for your objects; Section III dives into the relational and dimensional subject area, logical, and physical data models, and describes how PowerDesigner supports these models and the connections between them. Learn how to get information into and out of PowerDesigner, and improve the quality of your data models with a cross-reference of key PowerDesigner features with the Data Model Scorecard; Section IV contains a PowerDesigner workshop designed to consolidate everything for you; Section V focuses on additional PowerDesigner features (some of which have already been introduced) which make life easier for data modellers; Section VI discusses PowerDesigner topics beyond data modelling, including the XML physical model and the other types of model available in PowerDesigner; it also discusses the role of PowerDesigner in data management, using the DAMA Data Management Body of Kwledge (DAMA-DMBOK) framework.
- Author BiographySteve Hoberman balances the formality and precision of data modeling with the realities of building software systems with severe time, budget, and people constraints. In his consulting and teaching, he focuses on templates, tools, and guidelines to reap the benefits of data modeling with minimal investment. He taught his first data modeling class in 1992 and has educated more than 10,000 people about data modeling and business intelligence techniques since then, spanning every continent except Africa and Antarctica. Steve is the author of seven books on data modeling, including the bestseller Data Modeling Made Simple. He is the founder of the Design Challenges group, inventor of the Data Model Scorecard(R), Conference Chair of the Data Modeling Zone conference, recipient of the 2012 Data Administration Management Association (DAMA) International Professional Achievement Award, and highest rated presenter at Enterprise Data World 2014. Steve can be reached at email@example.com, @DataMdlRockStar on Twitter, or through Steve Hoberman on Linked-In.
- Author(s)Steve Hoberman
- PublisherTechnics Publications LLC
- Date of Publication06/01/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBradley Beach
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTechnics Publications LLC
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1485 g
- Width280 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.