All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionData is too big to be left to the data analysts. Data: Now Bigger and Better! brings together researchers whose work is deeply informed by the conceptual frameworks of anthropology-frameworks that are comparative as well as field-based. From kinship to gifts, everything old becomes rich with new insight when the anthropological archive washes over big data. Bringing together anthropology's classic debates and contemporary interventions, the book counters the future-oriented speculation so characteristic of discussions regarding big data. Drawing on long-standing experience in industry contexts, the contributors also provide analytical provocations that can help reframe some of the most important shifts in techlogy and society in the first half of the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyTom Boellstorff is professor of anthropology and Bill Maurer is dean of social sciences and professor of anthropology and law, both at the University of California, Irvine.
- Author(s)Bill Maurer,Genevieve Bell,Melissa Gregg,Nick Seaver,Tom Boellstorff
- PublisherPrickly Paradigm Press, LLC
- Date of Publication14/04/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrickly Paradigm Press, LLC
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width125 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.