All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of papers focuses on cognitive metaphor research (CMR) from the perspective of the current debate on linguistic data and evidence. The peculiarity of the book is that it reveals the causes that trigger the methodological problems of data handling in CMR. These problems include the identifiability of metaphors in discourse and the reliability of the methods of gathering metaphors such as linguistic intuition, discourse analysis, corpus analysis, and psycholinguistic experiments. In order to overcome their weaknesses and to enhance their reliance, the papers argue, on the one hand, for the combination of different methods of gathering and evaluating data in CMR. On the other hand, the papers also point out that converging evidence cant be obtained without constraining the combinability of data stemming from different sources.
- Author BiographyPeter Csatar holds degrees in Philosophy and German Linguistics and Literature. He is lecturer at the Department of German Linguistics at the University of Debrecen (Hungary). His main interests are linguistic theories of metaphor and pragmatics.
- Author(s)Peter Csatar
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication11/06/2014
- Series TitleMetalinguistica
- Series Part/Volume Number26
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight300 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.