Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionWith this textbook, Vaisman and Zimanyi deliver excellent coverage of data warehousing and business intelligence techlogies ranging from the most basic principles to recent findings and applications. To this end, their work is structured into three parts. Part I describes Fundamental Concepts including multi-dimensional models; conceptual and logical data warehouse design and MDX and SQL/OLAP. Subsequently, Part II details Implementation and Deployment, which includes physical data warehouse design; data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) and data analytics. Lastly, Part III covers Advanced Topics such as spatial data warehouses; trajectory data warehouses; semantic techlogies in data warehouses and vel techlogies like Map Reduce, column-store databases and in-memory databases. As a key characteristic of the book, most of the topics are presented and illustrated using application tools. Specifically, a case study based on the well-kwn Northwind database illustrates how the concepts presented in the book can be implemented using Microsoft Analysis Services and Pentaho Business Analytics. All chapters are summarized using review questions and exercises to support comprehensive student learning. Supplemental material to assist instructors using this book as a course text is available at http://cs.ulb.ac.be/DWSDIbook/, including electronic versions of the figures, solutions to all exercises, and a set of slides accompanying each chapter. Overall, students, practitioners and researchers alike will find this book the most comprehensive reference work on data warehouses, with key topics described in a clear and educational style.
- Author BiographyAlejandro A. Vaisman is a professor at the Buenos Aires Institute of Technology (ITBA). He was previously professor at the University of Buenos Aires where he co-founded and chaired the Masters program in Data Mining. His research interests are in the field of databases, particularly in data warehousing and OLAP, business intelligence, spatiotemporal databases and the semantic web. Esteban Zimanyi is a professor and Director of the Department of Computer and Decision Engineering at the Universite Libre de Bruxelles. His current research interests include data warehouses and business intelligence, geographical information systems and spatio-temporal databases. He is Editor-in-Chief of the Journal on Data Semantics. He is coordinator of the Erasmus Mundus Master and Doctorate on Information Technologies for Business Intelligence (IT4BI).
- Author(s)Alejandro Vaisman,Esteban Zimanyi
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleData-Centric Systems and Applications
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note133 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1136 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.