All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionData Warehousing in the Age of the Big Data will help you and your organization make the most of unstructured data with your existing data warehouse. As Big Data continues to revolutionize how we use data, it doesn't have to create more confusion. Expert author Krish Krishnan helps you make sense of how Big Data fits into the world of data warehousing in clear and concise detail. The book is presented in three distinct parts. Part 1 discusses Big Data, its techlogies and use cases from early adopters. Part 2 addresses data warehousing, its shortcomings, and new architecture options, workloads, and integration techniques for Big Data and the data warehouse. Part 3 deals with data governance, data visualization, information life-cycle management, data scientists, and implementing a Big Data-ready data warehouse. Extensive appendixes include case studies from vendor implementations and a special segment on how we can build a healthcare information factory. Ultimately, this book will help you navigate through the complex layers of Big Data and data warehousing while providing you information on how to effectively think about using all these techlogies and the architectures to design the next-generation data warehouse.
- Author BiographyKrish Krishnan is a recognized expert worldwide in the strategy, architecture and implementation of high performance data warehousing solutions and unstructured Data. A sought after visionary data warehouse thought leader and practitioner, he is ranked as one of the top strategy and architecture consultants in the world in this subject. Krish is also an independent analyst, and a speaker at various conferences around the world on Big Data and teaches at TDWI on this subject. Krish along with other experts is helping drive the industry maturity on the next generation of data warehousing, focusing on Big Data, Semantic Technologies, Crowdsourcing, Analytics, and Platform Engineering. Krish is the founder president of Sixth Sense Advisors Inc., a Chicago based company providing Independent Analyst services in Big Data, Analytics, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence.
- Author(s)Krish Krishnan
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication26/06/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleThe Morgan Kaufmann Series on Business Intelligence
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight760 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.