All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThere's tremendous interest in building applications with Silverlight 2, but very little material demonstrating how to build data-driven solutions with the platform. This comprehensive tutorial teaches developers how to build data-rich applications with Silverlight 2 that draw on multiple sources of data, including how to implement 'in-the-cloud' data access options.Packed with reusable examples, Data Services with Silverlight 2 offers valuable information on data binding controls, the LINQ data querying component, RESTful and WCF interfaces, cross-domain data, as well as Microsoft's new ADO.NET Data Services and the ADO.NET Entity Framework.With this book, you will: learn how Silverlight 2 applications rely on data for binding, passing, reading, saving, querying, and presentation; discover how your application can call REST, web services, RSS, and HTTP services; design entities that can be passed to and from a Silverlight 2 application via WCF; apply data persistence techniques to Silverlight 2 applications; harness the power of RESTful web services such as Amazon and Twitter; learn how and when to use LINQ to SQL to query a data store; retrieve and save data, using the new Entity Framework and WCF; work with the RESTful ADO. NET Data Services to move data between your application and a database; and, learn how to build RESTful services and communicate with them from Silverlight 2 And more.Written by data access expert and MSDN Magazine columnist John Papa, Data Services with Silverlight 2 covers all of the Silverlight data access topics you need to kw, including the real-world scenarios you're most likely to encounter. Examples will be available on the book's website.
- Author BiographyJohn Papa is a Microsoft C# MVP, MCSD.NET, and INETA Speaker who has been working with Microsoft distributed architectures for over 10 years. He has enterprise experience architecting and developing with .NET technologies focusing on architecture, patterns and practices, data access and mobile development. John has authored or co-authored several books on data access technologies, is the author of the Data Points column in MSDN Magazine, has presented MSDN WebCasts and can often be found speaking at industry conferences such as DevConnections and VSLive. You can contact John at www.johnpapa.net.
- Author(s)John Papa
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication06/01/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.