All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionModern computing management systems and application programs are often de- signed as open systems. In an open environment, the users' application programs serving similar purposes, though possibly implemented using different hardware or software tech- logies, can interact easily and properly with one other. But, it is a big challenge in research and development to provide the means for integrating these techlogies and reengineering the new or existing management systems so as to make all of the relevant components interoperable. In case of databases, because of the variety in data models and theory, the interoper- ability and reengineering issues become even more complex and crucial, especially for companies heavily involved in data management. With the rapid advances in networking and database modeling techlogy, old issues may have to be reinvestigated and new issues come up constantly. It is our hope that this year's workshop, the sixth in a series of annual events, can provide a timely forum for database researchers and practitioners to share their recent experience and results in various aspects of this fast -developing field. This series of workshops has been organized by the Hong Kong Computer Society and financially supported by many local industrial and business companies. This year, the Cooperative Research Centre for Open Systems Techlogy, located in the Department of Computer Science, City University of Hong Kong, has joined the organization team and the list of financial sponsors.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/11/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight699 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byBrian Siu,Joseph Shi Piu Fong,To-yat Cheung
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.