All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.15Trending at AU $27.14
- AU $21.70Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.23
- AU $21.70Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $33.37Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $23.05Trending at AU $24.91
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $48.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn this tell-all memoir, the only daughter of the man who was considered the brains of the Mob opens the door on her glamorous-and tragic-life. Sandi Lansky Lombardo, daughter of Mob boss Meyer Lansky, was raised in New York City in upper-class Jewish splendor and spent her childhood in the undeniable glitz of Havana and Las Vegas in Lansky's heyday in the 1940s, '50s, and '60s. She dined out with her father and his associates when she was six and was introduced to Frank Sinatra when she was eleven. She knew Bugsy Siegel and Uncle Lucky Lucia and met Howard Hughes and Joseph Kennedy. She was the Paris Hilton of her day: partying until dawn at El Morocco and the Stork Club, married at sixteen, romanced by Dean Martin at nineteen. She was pampered and protected, but her life was also full of tragedy: her mother was mentally ill and her eldest brother severely handicapped, and Mob violence repeatedly invaded the world of their friends and family. In Daughter of the King, Sandi recounts for the first time the grandeur-and heartbreak-of her life as the daughter of one of the most powerful mobsters in America. Sandi takes listeners back in time to tell the story of her life-one lived in a glamorous but troubled world where thing ever turned out to be quite as it seemed.
- Author BiographySandra Lansky is the only daughter of mobster Meyer Lansky. Daughter of the King is her first book. She lives in Florida. William Stadiem is the New York Times bestselling author or coauthor of many books, including Jet Set, Moneywood, Dear Senator, and Mr. S. He lives in Santa Monica, California. Laural Merlington has recorded well over one hundred audiobooks and has received several AudioFile Earphones Awards, including one for Never Say Die by Susan Jacoby.
- Author(s)Sandra Lansky,William Stadiem
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication04/03/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Laural Merlington
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time541
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.