All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's Time is 28-year-old, New York-based photographer David Benjamin Sherry's first monograph. While studying Photography at the Rhode Island School of Design, Sherry spent a summer working with the photographer David LaChapelle. He began to develop his own penchant for hypersaturated, hot, bright colors with a touch of psychedelia. He then went on to receive his MFA in Photography from the Yale School of Art in 2007. Taking a lead from his peers widespread commercial success, Sherry has shot some memorably fresh fashion editorials for magazines such as Dazed and Confused, Purple, i-D, V Man and Japanese Vogue. Part of the group of young artists (and much-chronicled downtown bad boys) around Ryan McGinley, Dash Snow and Dan Colen, Sherry makes photographs that range from reality to fantasy, from portraits to abstractions, landscapes to fashion. Drawing inspiration from contemporaries such as Wolfgang Tillmans to past generation artists such as Derek Jarmon and Kenneth Anger. He has exhibited in Berlin, Vienna, Los Angeles and New York. This well-illustrated volume includes an essay by independent curator and critic Neville Wakefield.
- Author(s)David Benjamin Sherry,Neville Wakefield
- Date of Publication28/09/2009
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note60 colour illustrations
- Weight920 g
- Width230 mm
- Height340 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.