All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionAustralian cricketers have always liked to keep in shape. It's just that a lot of the time that shape is a circle. When Shane Warne waddled out to play South Africa in the 1997 Boxing Day test, his physique wasn't exactly streamlined, but his competitive spirit was still in fine shape. 'I've waited two years for ather chance to humiliate you,' he growled at his 'bunny', batsman Daryl Cullinan. The bunny looked Warne up and down. 'Looks like you spent it eating'. David Boon has played 100 Test matches, scoring 7000 runs and taking 0 wickets. And, yes, he had the game's best mo. But did you kw he spent his years playing international cricket collecting hilarious tales of sporting highs and lows? Now, for the first time, he has collected together almost 200 of his favourite stories across a variety of sports and has created this book to share them with you! Sit down, pour yourself a drink and enjoy being regaled by the legend himself.
- Author BiographyBOONIE - as cricketing fans across the globe affectionately know him - is a cricketing legend of the late eighties and early nineties. A right handed run machine opening batsman with lightning reflexes in at short leg, Boonie was never one to take a backward step when the going was tough. Now a Cricket Australia selector, head of Cricket Department at Tasmanian cricket and a talking plastic doll icon for VB, David's dry wit and clever repertoire keep audiences mesmerized and looking back fondly on an era full of characters in the sport of cricket. Boonie, who still heavily influences Australian cricket today, and who also holds the record for being heavily under the influence on a flight from Australia to London, is a must see speaker - engrossing, motivational and hilarious.
- Author(s)David Boon
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight217 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
- Interest AgeFrom
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.