All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBowie: Album by Album examines every one of Bowie's studio albums in fine detail, right up to 2016's critically acclaimed Blackstar. Each album is placed within the context of the time in which it was recorded and all the albums' subsequent influence and legacy are charted. Also included is commentary from the musicians, engineers and producers who worked on the recordings - such as Brian E and Tony Visconti - and Bowie's own quotes provide a fascinating insight into his restlessly creative mind.
- Author BiographyPaolo Hewitt is a journalist and the author of over 20 books. He has written for Melody Maker and NME, as well as Vogue Germany, Fare Musica in Italy and The Sunday Times. Among other books, he is the author of The Jam: A Beat Concerto, The Small Faces: The Young Mod's Forgotten Story, Getting High: The Adventure of Oasis, and Alan McGee and the Story of Creation Records, as well as several works of fiction. Robert Elms is a writer and broadcaster and radio show host for BBC London. A former columnist for NME and The Face, he was an early champion of the New Romantics. His last book, The Way We Wore: A Life in Threads (2006), documented his self-confessed obsession with fashion's relationship with music and youth culture. Famously, he isn't a fan of The Beatles, but he loves David Bowie.
- Author(s)Paolo Hewitt
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Width198 mm
- Height232 mm
- Introduction byRobert Elms
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.